The journey to remission can be long and difficult, but getting the care you need shouldn't be.
Cancer is never a word anyone wants to hear. The journey to remission can be long and difficult, but getting the care you need shouldn't be. Plus, at a time like that, you want assurance the care you are receiving is the best available. We think the Cancer Care Center of Johnson Memorial Hospital is just that.
In 2011, our Cancer Care Center was given an Accreditation with Commendation and an Outstanding Achievement Award by the Commission on Cancer (CoC). The CoC is the most widely recognized accrediting organization for cancer care programs. Their accreditation is given only to those facilities that have voluntarily committed to providing the highest level of quality cancer care and that undergo a rigorous evaluation process and review of their performance. To maintain approval, cancer centers with CoC accreditation must undergo on-site reviews every three years.
The Cancer Care Center was previously granted an Accreditation with Commendation in 2008.
We equipped our Cancer Care Center with state-of-the-art equipment that helps prevent, detect, treat, and defeat cancer. There’s always more to a patient than the cancer they are fighting, so we treat the whole person and their families with free support groups, a library of educational resources, and a staff of caring, dedicated people to help you fight and to give you hope.
In 2012 we increased our physician coverage in the Center. We now offer patients the opportunity to see a board certified medical oncologist every day of the week, Monday through Friday.Our accreditation also ensures our patients have access to:
- Comprehensive care, including a range of state-of-the-art services and equipment
- Radiation and Medical Oncology services
- A multi-specialty, team-based approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- Cancer-related information, education, and support
- A cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results and offers lifelong patient follow-up
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care
- Quality care close to home
The Cancer Care Center is located on the first floor, 1159 Building on the Johnson Memorial Hospital campus. For more information, please call us at 317-736-3346.