GREAT EXPECTATIONS CHILDBIRTH EDUCATION PROGRAM
Great Expectations is a free childbirth education program at Johnson Memorial Hospital, held quarterly in the 1125S Building (Surgery Center lobby located on south side of hospital).
This FREE Saturday morning program is packed with opportunities to interact with women and children health providers, maternity center nurses, and local resource representatives who serve women and children.
- Moms to be and a guest can attend
- Choose a session that best fits your pregnancy stage
- Receive a guest bag filled with great giveaways
- Interact with providers with a chance to win prizes
- Have a chance to win a $100 Babies R Us gift card
- Enjoy healthy refreshments
Two sessions are designed for pregnant women to learn about every important stage of her pregnancy; from the moment the pregnancy is realized through the final weeks of pregnancy and beyond.
Pregnancy Session (recommended for up to week 28 of your pregnancy):
- Know the benefits of breastfeeding and learn nutrition information for pregnant and new moms
- Energize with exercise and learn comfort tips
- Know the hazards to avoid during pregnancy and warning signs of complications
- Learn more about managing stress and anxiety
Labor, Delivery & Newborn Session (recommended for week 29 and beyond)
- Know what to expect during labor and delivery, tour labor and delivery rooms, learn about epidural anesthesia
- A lactation consultant will share breastfeeding education techniques
- Learn the benefits of post-partum exercise and take home examples
- Hear expert advice about infant care, car seat safety, safe sleep for babies
- Learn about contraception choices
- Be informed about choosing a pediatrician before your baby arrives
2018 Program Dates:
8:15 a.m. through 12:45 p.m.
All pregnant women and a guest are invited to attend. Schedule early in your pregnancy and attend Great Expectations twice; the first date for the Pregnancy Session and at the next quarterly program attend the Labor, Delivery & Newborn Session.
Register for Great Expectations