Why Volunteer at JMH?
Volunteers are a valuable part of the patient and guest experience, and you can join us in delivering excellent care and service. Here are some benefits to becoming a JMH Volunteer.
- Meet new people, learn new skills and make lasting friendships with others on the volunteer team
- Receive a free meal in the Willow Cafe for each 4-hour shift
- Earn awards and recognition at celebrations
- Receive free JMH Gear
- Receive discounts to fun events through JMH's Employee Activities Committee
- Receive access to JMH Fitness Gym Equipment
There are several areas within Johnson Memorial Hospital where you may volunteer.
- Information Desk attendant
- Registration Department desk receptionist
- Surgery Department receptionist or aide
- Clerk at The Giving Tree, our hospital gift shop
- Wheelchair transport and patient/visitor escort
- Business Office aide
- Emergency Department aide
- Nutrition Department aide
- Miscellaneous tasks: deliver flowers to patients, newspapers to departments, workroom assistant, lab runs, etc.
- Must be at least 14 years old to volunteer.
- A standard commitment of at least 100 hours is expected from each volunteer.
- Once your application is received, you will be contacted to schedule an interview.
- If you are selected as a JMH volunteer, the following activities will be conducted:
- Reference check
- Criminal history background check
- Volunteer orientation and specific department training
- Most volunteer areas will require a commitment within the time frame of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Other times may be available but are not guaranteed.
Good . Healthy Food
Willow Café offers food choices that range from local comfort-food favorites to a variety of grill and made-to-order items. Located along the breezeway that connects the 1125 and 1155 buildings on the JMH campus.